MEDICAL LEARNING 7

                                     MEDICAL LEARNING


                                                                                                M.D(Med),D.O.I.H,F.I.A.E,D.H.A,F.A.I.M.P(Cardiology)

   Senior Cardio-Metabolic Physician

   Senior Echocardiography Trainer

   Cont.: 8605657755


        Today I was sitting in OPD and my young resident doctor comes to me saying. Sir, I have a young man sanjay / 28yrs old for fitness, for a job of a quality controller in a pharmaceutical company. I find his BP 160/100. I made him rest and relax and the BP is still high. I made the nurse check BP, and it is 150/ 90. He cannot be made fit. What do I do? Sanjay insists that he had seen his BP in a camp, 3 months back and they had told him, he was normal.

                I went to see the patient, greeted him properly, made him smile and advised him some relaxing breathing. I was talking to him and congratulating him for a very good job that he has won for himself. Within this time I had finished his BP recording and the BP was 130 / 80. He was fit to join his job.

 Friends today most of us have BP apparatus in our house and we keep on checking our BP, and many times the doctors get panic calls for high BP. I had a huge number of such calls in the middle of night over last so many years.

                Recording BP is just not a mechanical job. It is a physiopsychomechanical process. You need to have your patient’s confidence and ability to keep him relaxed during BP recording. White coat hypertension is very well known and the doctors have been living with this. For every heart beat BP reading may be different. A little shoot out of adrenaline in the blood will alter and give you variety of readings. When you learn to record BP, please learn from your doctors how exactly should be your disposition to record a correct readings. Besides your mechanical technique it is important that the person should be in a relaxed and comfortable position. Please record BP readings at least 3 times and write down the BP which you feel is the most comfortable. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When you have a negative thought in your mind....Do this exercise.

Learn to Ask and learn to Thank

Which Pathy is better.