High Dose Vit C In Covid 19 Cytokine storm

 Dr. Digambar Naik

It was a sheer accident that in spite of all proper preventive management, I developed covid and landed up into a severe Cytokine storm. 

          Nobody in Goa had ever used HDVC in such a condition. I was being treated with very high doses of steroids, Remdesivir, antithrombotic, anticoagulants, antibiotics, Zn, oral vitamin C, vitamin D ,vit A, and a other supportive treatments for other systems. 

           I was constantly worsening. I had a good medical team. We were in touch with other covid teams in the country. Dr Anande and Dr Lenny managed to convince my team to start with 25 Gms of vit C IV every 6 hourly. This makes it to 100 Gms per day. We learn today a large number of Covid centres use high dose vit C with great results and minimum side effects.

          My first dose was started at 8pm on the 7th day of admission ……2nd dose at 2am....3rd dose at 8 am next day.....

       By the time 3rd dose ended I was smiling and I knew I was on the recovery path. I took IV Vit C for 5 days. There were absolutely no side effects and I kept on improving. It was vit C that saved my life.

Vit C was safe ...had no side effects like steroids, remdesivir, anticoagulants etc. Vit C is a strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulation and also has antiviral action.

 I recommend High dose vit C to be used at the beginning of covid storm so that, we will have to use very low dose of steroids. This will give a better recovery post Covid.

 

Dr.Digambar Naik

Cont:- 8605657755

Dempo Healthcare, La Campala Colony,Miramar Panjim Goa 403001

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When you have a negative thought in your mind....Do this exercise.

Learn to Ask and learn to Thank

Which Pathy is better.