MY COVID JOURNEY ( PART III) …….. Dr. Digambar Naik

Lessons learnt

Damage to my systems

I almost knew what was my mistake that gave me Covid-19, obviously I was ready for the management.

My fever was just mild (98.9F) with very mild shivers at night only for 3 days. Then I looked good, till suddenly I started feeling breathless and SPO2 started dropping. No other general complaints like headache, cough, dry throat, loose motion till I landed up in the hospital. I had no diabetes, Hypertension and was on zero medication.

Today is 35 days of my beginning of symptom and 15 days after the discharge. I am still sick and very weak. A summary of my damages to my body will help all of us r and the treating doctors to understand this disease and its management.

1.     Skin                      _ Loose because of loss of subcutaneous tissue

2.     Muscles                 _ wasted

3.     Weight                  – Reduced by 5 kg

4.     Eyes                      – Signs of early cataracts

5.     Joints                    – Ligaments weak, difficult to walk, swinging gait     

 

6.     Breathlessness  persists not because of lungs but because of                                  – Anaemia, toxic myocarditis

 

 

7.     Low Haemoglobin down by 4 %

 

8.     Urinary system       – increased frequency

           _ Low control on sphincter

           _ Kidney not affected

 

9.     GIT                      – Completely disturbed

                               _ Loose motion.

_  Because of a large number of antibiotics and other drugs     basic intestinal flora disturbed

                             _ Increased hunger

 

10.  CVS                              _ BP staying on lower side (10mm low)

_ Tachycardia

_ Toxic myocarditis

 

11.  CNS                              _ Tremendous irritably on day 3,

_ Loss of sleep

_ Anxiety and depressive feelings

_Abnormal dreams

_ Poor co- ordination

                              _Clouding of memory

 

12.  Thyroid                _ Abnormal thyroid function test

                     _ T3, T4 low with normal TSH.

 

13. Liver function was normal

It is very clear that this virus covid-19 involves every system in the body. We need to keep a watch on the amount of damage it causes to different systems. The most important system of all these is the damage to all three layers of the heart. A good functional ECHO with spectral Doppler and ECG is enough to give you the information that you need to take care of your heart. If we keep all these information in mind we can save every patient.

 

Dr. Digambar Naik

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When you have a negative thought in your mind....Do this exercise.

Learn to Ask and learn to Thank

Which Pathy is better.